|LEVEL 1 AWARD IN FOOD HYGIENE AWARENESS|
This qualification has been developed to provide basic knowledge about the importance of food hygiene, associated food hazards, good hygiene practice and controls. It is an introduction level prior to undertaking Level 2 Award in Food Safety.
Who needs this qualification?
- Anybody wishing to have an awareness of food hygiene
- New employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge;
- Employees handling low risk tasks such as clearing tables, maintaining stores, handling wrapped foods in catering industries.
- Front of house employees such as checkout or waiting staff
- Employees that enter high risk section of food factories such as equipment maintenance engineers, off-site business owners/managers and delivery personnel.
Why is this training important?
Food business operators must ensure that employees are supervised, instructed and trained in food hygiene matters in order to guarantee safe food to consumers.
- Understand the basic requirements of food safety and hygiene
- Identify key food safety issues
- how to keep clean and hygienic;
- how to keep work areas clean;
Multiple choice exam
Please contact for course fees.